Contrary to popular belief, showers aren’t just for singing and getting clean. Showers also provide a sanctuary for our minds to run free, developing deep thoughts that might end up surprising you.
In fact, this is so common that Reddit has an entire “Shower Thoughts” subreddit, dedicated to “sharing those miniature epiphanies you have that highlight the oddities within the familiar.” Check out 10 of the most profound shower thoughts we found on Reddit that will boggle your mind.
1. A strange but true realization.
When you “bite down” on something, you’re actually “biting up” because you can’t move your top jaw.
2. This somehow makes complete sense.
Wearing only your socks feels more naked than just being naked.
3. We don’t spend money on athletic clothes for nothing.
When jogging, we put on special clothes so people don’t think we are running from or to something.
4. Can we make “purgatory perhaps” a thing?
If there’s a “heavens no” and a “hell yea,” why isn’t there a “purgatory perhaps”?
5. Yet another reason to take your dog for frequent walks.
All our pets might have stockholm syndrome.
6. One of the many uses of Google Earth.
Google earth is good for finding out which of your neighbors has a pool.
7. Netflix, take notes.
Netflix should have a rating system that includes, “i hate this but I want to keep watching it.
8. The sad reality of a cool-sounding word.
“Supervision” sounds a lot cooler than it really is.
9. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Technically speaking, wouldn’t your best friend be your worst enemy?
10. A great way to cheat the system.
Wake up earlier on weekends. Now you get to sleep in for 5 days a week instead of two.