There’s nothing like a good ole fashioned fun fact to break the ice in any conversation. Whether you need a random fact for trivia or to end an awkward silence, little-known facts can be quite purposeful. Here are 10 random facts that might surprise you. Check them out!
1. Space is a burp-free zone.
It’s impossible to burp in space. The lack of gravity in space prevents air in your stomach from separating and rising up from food you’ve eaten.
2. A never-ending hunger for ants.
Anteaters eat roughly 35,000 ants a day.
3. I guess we should always be ready.
There are 18 volcanoes in the United States with the potential to erupt again.
4. A man of many talents.
Samuel L. Jackson was a cheerleader in college.
5. That a whole lot of rain.
About two thousand rainstorms occur on Earth every minute.
6. Shoutout to the ancient Egyptians.
Ancient Egyptians invented many items we still use today, such as pens, keys, locks, and toothpaste.
7. No surprise there.
Americans eat roughly 150 million hot dogs every 4th of July.
8. Would an elephant jump cause an Earthquake?
Elephants are unable to jump.
9. That can’t be good for you.
Winston Churchill smoked an average of 10 cigars a day.
10. Looks like Santa has some competition.
UPS delivers about 20 billion cards and gifts during the holiday season.