Whether you use them as a conversation starter or to prepare for a wicked game of trivia, a few random facts can go a long way. These facts are often composed of information that no one truly ever needed to know, but are both intriguing and interesting at their core. Check out 10 of these random facts to have on hand in your next social situation.
1. Octothorpe Throwback Thursday?
The hashtag symbol is technically called an octothorpe.
2. Taking an invention to the grave—literally.
The inventor of the Pringles can is now buried in one.
3. Learn more about this classic candy.
M&M stands for Mars and Murrie.
4. Take your love for wine to the next level.
You can major in wine at Cornell University.
5. Every child’s worst fear.
6. Oh, the irony.
Cotton candy was invented by a dentist.
7. A hunger-inducing trip to space.
Space smells like seared steak.
8. A concerning discovery.
A dozen bodies were once found in Benjamin Franklin’s basement.
9. Wearing their heart on their head.
The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.
10. Seriously slacking on the job.
Abraham Lincoln’s bodyguard left his post at Ford’s Theatre to go for a drink.