Looking for a truck that hauls all the heavy loads and does it in style with good fuel economy? The 2018 GMC Sierra was fantastic and the 2019 GMC Sierra builds on this package with a comfortable interior, a roaring engine, and powerful aerodynamic features. The truck handles well with both on-road and off-road adventures.
Let's take a look...
Personalize with Colors and Trims
Customers looking to personalize their ride have a variety of options available to them. There are 11 current color choices, including the standard Onyx Black. Other non-standard colors are the popular Cardinal Red as well as the stunning Satin Steel Metallic.
Pricing for a basic model starts at $37,800. Trims for the 1500 include: the SLE, SLT, and Denali. The Denali has been a popular trim since its release in 2015, and it continues to impress with the 2019 update.
Other trims are available for the 2500 and 3500. For example, the SLE and SLT are also available for the HD 2500 and HD 3500 and there is a 3500 Denali HD, among others.
Driving this vehicle is sure to turn heads with the stylish exterior...
The 2019 Denali pickup is designed with a specific purpose in mind. It’s still easy to see the recognizable square-jawed front side, which has long remained a trademark of this trim. Some newer changes as well as old favorites blend together to make this vehicle not only functional, but also stylish. For example:
- GMC enlarged the front-chromed grille with a wider air intake.
- Ventilation continues to improve the V8 engine from previous models.
- A look at the front reveals bi-halogen projector headlights that GMC has equipped with LED lamps.
- The fog light and side taillights are also impressive.
Of course, the interior is just as impressive as the exterior...
Professional Yet Comfortable Interior
Looking at the 2019 model, this pickup provides high levels of comfort and luxury. Many have praised the aluminum and wood accents inside the cabin for the professional touch. Along the dashboard, there’s premium soft-touch materials that feel like world-class quality. But that's not all. For the coldest days when starting the truck, the heated steering wheel becomes an asset that keeps giving.
What about what's under the hood?...
A Look Under the Hood
The Sierra is well known for its monstrous engines. There’s several different engine choices in 2019 for the 1500:
- Standard on the SLE and Elevation is a 2.7L Turbo. This engine can provide 310 horsepower with 348 lb-ft torque. Its estimated mileage is 20 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway.
- Standard on the SLT is a 5.3L V8. This engine is a bit more powerful, providing 355 horsepower with 383 lb-ft of torque.
- Other options include a 3.0 Duramax Turbo Diesel and 6.2L V8. This last option can provide up to 420 horsepower. Properly equipped, this would allow the 1500 to tow over 12,000 pounds.
How does the towing capacity affect fuel economy?...
Fuel Economy vs Towing Capacity
As with any vehicle, using a more powerful engine and/or loading up more weight onto this pickup will decrease the fuel efficiency. However, a powerful tow capacity at 12,200 pounds (with the right engine and proper towing setup), ranks this heavy-duty truck near the top of its class.
While you're driving, you'll probably be jamming out to your favorite tunes. Fortunately, you can easily listen to your favorite songs with the following entertainment features...
Entertainment and Safety Technology
The high-tech gadgetry is where the 2019 GMC Sierra stands out from its predecessors. For example, there is an 8-inch color panel touchscreen; this size is an increase of one inch over its predecessor, which featured a 7-inch screen. Meanwhile, the HD radio ensures crystal clear sound through the Bose audio systems.
There’s also wonderful safety features available like forward collision alert and a lane departure warning system.
Let's recap; what's so great about this vehicle?...
Pros at a Glance
- Latest technology available that enhances entertainment and safety
- Excellent safety features
- Plenty of horsepower in the engine to finish the heavy-duty jobs
- 12,200 pounds of towing power
Of course, no vehicle is perfect. What about the cons?...
Cons at a Glance
- Not all desirable features come standard
- Expensive compared to some of the other trucks in its class
What's most important to keep in mind when considering this reliable update?...
A Reliable Update
The GMC Sierra has long been championed as a power player in its class. 2019 hasn’t seen that change. It does have room for improvement. For example, some desirable features don’t come standard, but rather, customers have to add them at an extra cost.
But overall, this is a dependable truck to haul stuff on heavy-duty jobs. Whether mudding off-track or something else, this heavy-duty truck is pretty impressive from start to finish.