The Honda Civic is an iconic subcompact vehicle model created in Japan that literally saved the company. It was first introduced to the car market in July, 1972, known for being fuel efficient and environment friendly. The Civic still holds on to the idea of presenting athletic performance and sporty looks with excellent features.
The 2019 Honda Civic sedan does exactly what one would expect from a performance-focused subcompact. The base pricing starts at $17,790, which is quite affordable for minimalists, students, people who value simplicity, and those owning their very first vehicle.
DX – This trim starts at $17,790. It comes equipped with manual drive. Some highlighted features include the Honda sensing technologies for safe driving, the 2.0 liter, 4-cylinder engine with direct fuel injection, a remote entry system for wireless starting, and stopping, and cameras with multi-view in the rear.
LX – This trim has a manual drive and a CVT shiftless transmission. The base pricing is $20,690. Heated front seats come standard, and high beams will create better view through the fog. There are basic mobile technologies like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto available and multi-angle cameras surround the vehicle.
EX – This trim has a CVT transmission with a powered driver seat that can be adjusted in 8 ways. A leather-wrapped steering wheel adds extra luxury for that sleek, smooth feel. Occupants can activate the tilted moonroof with just a touch of a button during warm nights. Drivers can also remote start the engine from several feet away. The base MSRP is $24,290.
Sport – This trim starts at $25,490. A CVT drive provides automatic transmission and the steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters prevent the need to take hands off the steering wheel to shift to the next gear. After pressing the sport mode button, the darkened 18-inch aluminum wheels roll out in an incognito fashion. In addition, there is an all-black deck lid spoiler that gives the vehicle a sportier look. The seats provide the choice between fabric or cloth for better comfort.
Touring – This trim starts at $27,990 with a CVT drive mode. Leather flushes throughout the surface, while the bright LED headlights brighten up the environment ahead. The Honda satellite-linked navigation system can track the vehicle if it gets stolen. This vehicle has a unique bilingual voice recognition. For more comfort, there are heated front and rear seats.
Si – This trim has a manual transmission. The base MSRP is $28,990. Built more stylish than the others, people can press the sport mode button for a more agile performance. The rear wing spoiler helps with this process. The 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels slide down the road with the energy from the 1.5-liter, 16-valve, 4-cylinder engine with direct injection that produces 205 horsepower and 192 pound-foot of torque.
What Is The Exterior All About?
When stepping around the exterior, it’s easy to instantly notice the modern, low-slung bottom with various detailed lines that have an aggressive touch. For drivers who like sporty, stylish vehicles, this one hits the mark with sleek and low headlights that run in the daytime, and fog lamps that clear up the muffled path. Mirror-integrated LED turn signals are the visual leader of the pack, letting drivers know when the Civic’s driver will take a turn.
More Features Found in Most 2019 Honda Civic Trims
Other great features in most new 2019 versions include:
- An ECON mode button is available for better fuel saving.
- Bumps are soaked up by the independent multi-link rear suspension that has an independent strut front.
- Power-assisted, ventilated front discs and brake assist help improve the driving experience.
- The road departure mitigation alerts to lane changes if drivers did not implement proper signaling.
- Childproof rear-door locks will keep kids tucked in safely.
- The side airbags work with the upgraded rollover sensor system to protect everyone when the vehicle is involved in an accident.
- Adaptive cruise control helps when people need to attend to something very quickly without causing an accident.
- The exterior mirror folds so reckless drivers do not knock them off.
- Some trims have a 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback and Bluetooth audio streaming.
- Different trims
- Various performance levels
- Upgraded technologies and safety features
- Affordable pricing
- Low performance on some trims
Conclusively, the 2019 Honda Civic is a great car for different types of people at an affordable pricing.