You know the GMC Yukon is a large-and-in-charge sports utility vehicle that offers three rows of comfortable seating for adults as well as capable towing for your trailer cargo. You also know that the Yukon is an SUV of its own right with unique features that set it apart from the competition. Completely redesigned for 2021, the GMC Yukon and the Yukon XL will prove even better equipped and roomier than previous versions of the vehicle.
Keep reading to learn more...
9. What's New
As previously stated, the GMC Yukon is completely redesigned for the upcoming 2021 model year. You'll see improved cargo space as well as the aforementioned roomier cabin. Of course, there are plenty of other unique features that help the Yukon to stand head and shoulders above the competition.
8. Independent Rear Suspension
One thing the latest Yukon will do that sets it apart from the rest -- even the Chevrolet SUVs with which it has so much in common -- is the addition of an independent rear suspension system. This change will truly make the GMC Yukon one of a kind!
7. Stunning Frame
The Yukon will rest on the same frame as its cousins the Chevrolet Tahoe and the Chevrolet Suburban (the Yukon taking a nod from the former and the Yukon XL following in the footsteps of the latter).
6. Trim Packages
The GMC Yukon and Yukon XL offer four different trim packages:
- the SLE, or the base trim
- the SLT, offering all the basic features with a few nice amenities
- the AT4, an all terrain type of SUV
- the Denali, the luxury model of the GMC Yukon
Let's take a more in-depth look at each of the GMC Yukon's trim packages and what each has to offer.
The base trim level is the SLE. It features the following basic amenities:
- seating for nine passengers
- 5.3L V8 gasoline EcoTec3 engine
- 18 inch aluminum wheels
- premium cloth seating
- rear vision camera
- Bose Premium Sound System
- Buick IntelliLink allows for bluetooth and satellite radio use
- Apple CarPlay compatible software
Pricing starts at MSRP $50,600.
The next trim level is the SLT. It offers many of the same features of the SLE with a few upgrades and choice of engine. You can also opt for a two-wheel drive version or a four-wheel drive Yukon. The SLT offers:
- a gasoline V8 engine that offers 355 horsepower
- eight passenger capacity
- automatic transmission
- leather upholstery
- heated and cooled front seats
- standard twenty inch wheels
- power rear liftgate
Pricing starts at MSRP $57,800.
The third - and often reputed as the "rough and tumble" version of the group is the AT4. The AT4 is built just for your off-road adventures! The AT4 offers the following:
- dark chrome grille and fascia
- torch-red recovery hooks
- skid plate
- C-shaped LED headlamps
- black roof rails
- twenty inch machined-aluminum wheels
- all terrain tires from Goodyear
- a sporty interior with perforated leather seating and Brandy accent stitching
- available second row bucket outboard seats
The Denali is the top trim level. Just like its namesake, the Denali is the pinnacle of the Yukon trim levels. The interior of the Denali is one of a kind, and the exterior shouts exquisite design. The features of the Denali trim package are as follows:
- four-corner air ride adaptive suspension
- 420 horsepower
- nine different camera views to prevent blind spots
- active response 4WD system
- a fifteen-inch diagonal heads-up display
Pricing starts at MSRP $68,400.
1. Final Thoughts
The 2021 GMC Yukon will debut soon. Schedule your appointment to see the new Yukon in person today at your local dealership! You can save money by visiting the official GMC website and searching current offers in your area. You can also sign up for the GMC email list to keep an eye on available deals and discounts.