It is all about the flip.
The Android OS-equipped Samsung Z Flip is the first phone that challenges the notion that a smartphone needs to be a big rectangle in your pocket. It has a screen that folds in half to only take up half the vertical space in your pocket or bag.
How Big Is the Samsung Z Flip?
Folded, the Z Flip is 73.6 mm by 87.4 mm and it opens up to be 73.6 mm by 167.3 mm (6.7″). In its folded state, it is not very thick, being 17.3 mm at the hinge.
Z Flip Isn’t Just a Gimmick
This folding feature is great for comfort and utility. However, this cool feature isn’t all that the Z Flip has to offer; it really is one of the best phones on the market. If you are looking for the latest and greatest new technology, this is one phone you are going to want to check out.
A Real Knock-Out
The Z Flip is an attractive looking phone with plenty of customizable options to satisfy fans.
Dazzling Metallic Colors
It comes in three mirrored metallic colors:
- Mirror Purple
- Mirror Black
- Mirror Gold
Cool Cases to Match
The texture of the outer case is high-end and doesn’t feel at all flimsy. If you want to dress up your Z Flip in some official swag, you can get a calf-leather case that fits perfectly; it looks like it would be at home in a European sports car.
There is also a special edition collection, called the Thom Browne Edition, that has red, white and blue stripes. This racing stripe treatment is available for not only the phone’s case but also for earbuds and the strap of a matching smartwatch.
Selfies Beyond Compare
The folding feature of the Z Flip lends a helping hand for filming a video or doing selfies. For example, the ratcheting hinge can set the angle of the phone anywhere from flat to closed. So, you can set the phone down and aim it like you would a camera on a tripod.
Cameras to Capture Every Moment
The Z Flip has 3 separate cameras.
- It has a 10MP Selfie Camera that features Live Focus and Live Focus Videos.
- On the other side of the phone, there is a 12MP Ultra Wide Camera that has a Field of View of 123 degrees and has a lens capable of F2.2, making it good in low-light circumstances.
- The other camera is the 12MP Wide-angle Camera that has super speed autofocus and can shoot at an impressive F1.8 for use in ultra-low light. It has 8x digital zoom, HDR modes, and tracking autofocus.
Camera modes include:
- Live focus
- Live focus video
- Super Slow-mo
It can shoot video in 4K UHD at 60 fps (3840×2160) and can shoot 1080p super slow-motion video at a staggering 240 frames per second.
Charging Options to Spare
Another handy feature of the Z Flip is the charging. Options include:
- A dual battery, with one half residing within each side of the phone; this option promises all-day battery life.
- Qi wireless charging, which will let the phone charge wirelessly with compatible devices.
- It can also give a charge to other compatible devices, like smartwatches and earbuds.
One Speedy Phone
The Z Flip is big on the specs that really matter for speed. In fact, this smartphone is more powerful than a lot of laptops. It has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. That means plenty of room for music and movies, including the ones that you will create with those amazing cameras.
The Z Flip costs $1380 at the moment, which is somewhat cheaper than its closest competitor, the Motorola Razr, which costs $1499. It is an even bigger bargain when one considers that the Motorola Razr is getting catastrophic reviews—unlike the Z Flip.
When it comes to innovative tech that works at competitive pricing, there really isn’t anything like the Samsung Z Flip on the market today.