The newest Pixel from Google is here. Instead of features like a high-end processor and face unlock system like the Google Pixel 4 has, this new Pixel is simpler, consisting of the core features of an Android phone. Moreover, the Google Pixel 5 is less expensive than the latest releases from Apple and Samsung, making it an attractive option for those on tighter budgets.
Here is some information about the phone, including its noteworthy features, technical specifications, pricing, and associated deals.
The new Pixel consists of many appealing features, such as the following:
- 5G capabilities, making it suitable for ultra-fast downloading and clear HD streaming
- HD duo screen sharing, allowing for high-quality video calling
- Google Assistant, which will screen calls, filter out robocalls, and help users manage their everyday tasks
But that’s not all; the camera is quite impressive for a phone in this price range.
The camera on this phone has an ultra-wide lens and professional shooting and editing elements. There is also a Night Sight feature that gives users the chance to take pictures in the dark without using flash. And there is HDR+, which provides users the opportunity to ameliorate the coloring and lighting of their images. Note that the phone’s video application is equipped with a panning function that gives videos an epic, cinematic look.
The Google Pixel 5 is able to charge wirelessly and its all-day battery is fast-charging. Impressively, the battery is also adaptive, so it monitors the frequency with which applications are used and expends less power on rarely used applications. There is an Extreme Battery Saver option that can make the battery last 48 hours after one charging session.
Processing Power & Security
The Pixel 5 contains a Titan™ M chip that protects the OS as well as sensitive information like passwords. The phone also provides automatic security updates and application scans to maintain the safety of the phone. Even better there is a car crash detection system in the phone that will call 911 if its user is unable to.
Details about the phone’s display are as follows:
- Full-screen, 6.0-inch display
- FHD+ Flexible OLED at 432 ppi
- Full 24-bit depth for 16 million colors
- 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- >1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- HDR support
Details about the phone’s processors are as follows:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™
- Adreno 620
- Titan™ M Security Module
Dimensions and Other Specs
- Dimensions – 5.7 inches in height, 2.8 inches in width, and 0.3 inches in depth
- Weight – 151 grams
- Battery – minimum 4000 mAh
- RAM – 8 GB of LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage – 128 GB of storage
- Rear camera – 12.2 MP dual-pixel; its video quality is 1080p at 30 FPS, 60 FPS, 120 FPS, and 240 FPS; autofocus paired with dual pixel phase detection and optical and electronic image stabilization
- Front camera – 8 MP; its video quality is 1080p at 30 FPS; fixed focus
- Frame – 100% recycled aluminum
- Screen – Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6
- Durability – IP68 water and dust resistance
- Warranty – 1 year
This phone also comes with the following:
- 18W USB-C® power adapter
- 1 m USB-C to USB-C cable
- quick start guide
- quick switch adapter
- SIM tool
Pricing & Deals
The Pixel 5 is $699, meaning it costs $100 less than the Pixel 4. Even better, there are several deals currently available for this phone.
- Verizon is offering a trade-in program that will allow customers to trade in an old device and save up to $550 on their phones.
- Verizon is also offering a $250 gift card for those who are switching over from another carrier.
- Additionally, Verizon is offering free streaming subscription bundles.
- The company Best Buy is offering a $50 rebate with device activations; thus, customers will be able to purchase the phone at a lower price.